Sondaggi | Ricerca .
~ .
Calendari | Galleria Fotografica .
~ .
Segnalazioni | Messaggio ai Valar .

Entra in Numenor Esci da Numenor

Galleria Foto ed Immagini Vai a Virindor Vai ad Ea

Evanescence

Visualizza i threads correlati: (in questo forum | in tutti i forum)

Mae Govannen Guest
Ilquelin attualmente su questo topic: nessuno
  Versione da Stampa
Home >> [Mittalmar] >> Aula delle Arti di Arandor ~ Arte ~ >> Aula della Musica ~ Musica ~ >> Evanescence Pagina: [1]
ID-Ilquelin
Messaggio << Topic precedente   Topic successivo >>
Evanescence - 2003-08-27 0:52:12   
Maeve

Primo ingresso in Numenor: 2003-05-11
Da: Medhelan
Se amate il rock con sfumature un po' gotiche e accenni metal il tutto completato da buoni testi e sonorità originali vi consiglio questo album.

Loro si chiamano appunto EVANESCENCE e l'album è intitolato FALLEN.
Sono diventati famosi per la canzone "Bring me to life" che fa parte della colonna sonora del film DAREDEVIL, canzone che ci ha accompagnato tutta l'estate.

Questo brano a mio parere è davvero molto bello ed era un po' di tempo che accarezzavo l'idea di comprarlo.

Prima di partire avevo voglia di comprare un disco nuovo ma non sapevo bene cosa e questo era un delle opzioni che mi ero data, ma si sa, dispiace sempre acquistare un CD intero quando se ne conosce solo una canzone anche perchè la sopresa, poco gradevole, potrebbe essere quella di scoprire che il resto dell'album non merita la spesa.

Sono quindi partita senza nulla di nuovo ma sempre con quel pizzicorino alle mani che ti prende quando sei in smania di acquisti e non riesci a soddisfare un tuo piccolo desiderio.

Mi è capitato poi tra le mani un numero di TUTTO che legge mia sorella in cui si parlava proprio di loro e parlandone proprio con lei mi ha detto che le era capitato di ascoltare l'album intero: la sua opinione è stata molto positiva.

Viste queste premesse ho acchiappato a piene mani l'occasione e con la scusa di fare un regalo anche a lei l'ho comprato.

Non avevo lo stesso grandi aspettative... si sa.. ciò che è bello per una tredicenne potrebbe non esserlo per una quasi () trentenne nonostante spesso io e lei ci si sia incontrate con i gusti musicali.

Volete sapere il risultato?
Beh, già il fatto che ve lo stia consigliando ve lo può far intuire: sono soldini spesi bene!!!

Incrocio le dita e mi auguro solo che questa novella band non cada su se stessa come è successo a troppe altre in passato e che continui invece a sfornare buona musica!

Oltre al brano numero 2 "Bring me to life" sopra citato segnalo anche il brano numero 1 "Going under" e il numero 6 "Tourniquet" che a mio parere sono davvero splendidi!!

Messaggio #: 1
Evanescence - 2003-08-27 1:52:21   
Maeve

Cercando qualche informazione supplementare ho trovato il sito ufficiale della band con dei cenni sulle loro origini... tra gli artisti che li hanno influenzati c'è anche Tori Amos... non credo mai al caso e forse ho ragione!

Amy Lee - Vocals
Ben Moody - Lead Guitar
John LeCompt - Guitar
Rocky Gray - Drums

evanescence (ev'e-nes'ens ): a dissipation or disappearance like vapor

Although the band's name may suggest a sudden vanishing, the music of Evanescence is poised for longevity. Fallen, the Wind-up Records debut of this talented quartet from Little Rock, Arkansas, is an emotional, ethereal work of undeniable potency guided by the heavenly vocals of Amy Lee. "We're definitely a rock band," says the 20-year-old Lee. "But the twist is that the band's music is epic, dramatic, dark rock."

Co-founders Lee and guitarist/songwriter Ben Moody met while in their early teens. "We were at a youth camp," Moody recalls. "During some sort of recreational period held in a gymnasium, I heard Amy playing Meat Loaf's 'I'd Do Anything for Love' at the piano. So I went over to meet her, and she started singing for me. I was pretty much blown away, so I suckered her into joining a band with me." Since that day, the musical relationship has remained dependably loyal. "We have the same exact vision regarding what we love about music," Moody says. "When it comes to songwriting, we finish each other's thoughts."

Evanescence first took shape in Little Rock at the end of the '90s. Predictably, the band didn't quite fit the mold of most others lingering around the Midwestern state. "It's typically death metal or really soft, older-people music there," says Lee. "I don't even know of any local bands that have female singers."

Influenced by a wide-ranging collection of artists such as Bjork, Danny Elfman and Tori Amos, the band started releasing EPs of its material. Even without the benefit of live performances, Evanescence began to establish a reputation.

"A lot of it developed by being elusive," Moody remembers. "The second song we ever wrote was this seven-minute, ridiculous Goth anthem called 'Understanding.' And for some reason, the local rock station decided to play it a lot. We gained this popularity around town, even though no one knew who we were or where to find us. It was because we could never afford to play a show -- it was just Amy and I -- and we couldn't pay any musicians."

Fallen was tracked in Los Angeles with producer Dave Fortman (BOYSETSFIRE, Superjoint Ritual). The album successfully finds that intangible balance between lush beauty and primal heaviness. Typical of the record is the first single, "Bring Me To Life," a piano ballad-turned-riff-driven barnburner. Highlighted by a guest vocal from Paul McCoy of 12 Stones, the song is featured prominently in the Daredevil film and soundtrack.

"'Bring Me To Life' is about discovering something or someone that awakens a feeling inside them that they've never had before," says Moody. He continued, "You discover there is a world that is bigger than just your safe bubble." Also significant is the vibrant anthem "Tourniquet" and the eerie "Haunted," with its pummeling beats and jarring melodies (augmented by chamber choir arrangements courtesy of Lee). Of the latter, Moody asserts, "It's the song that is the most 'us'. That best sums up what we strive to sound like."

Lyrically, Evanescence explores dark, introspective themes of love, desperation, and despair. But the group insists its fundamental message is a positive one. "The point of this whole record and band is to let people know that they're not alone in dealing with bad feelings or pain or anything that they go through," says Lee, who pens most of the words. "That's life and that's human. They're not alone, and we're going through it, too."

Live, Evanescence functions as a quartet with John LeCompt (guitar) and Rocky Gray (drums) rounding out the line-up. "As a four-piece, we are able to carry out the intricate harmonies and orchestrations of the memorable material on Fallen," Moody emphasizes. "We're very sincere about what we do. There's so much pre-packaged teen angst these days in music. That's not us. We're not trying to sell an angle, we're just here writing from our heart."

Allegato (1)

< Messaggio modificato da Maeve -- 2003-08-27 2:00:39 >

(Risposta a Maeve)
Messaggio #: 2
Evanescence - 2003-08-27 2:07:11   
Maeve

BRING ME TO LIFE

how can you see into my eyes like open doors
leading you down into my core
where I’ve become so numb without a soul my spirit sleeping somewhere cold
until you find it there and lead it back home

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
call my name and save me from the dark
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)
save me from the nothing I’ve become

now that I know what I’m without
you can't just leave me
breathe into me and make me real
bring me to life

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)

frozen inside without your touch without your love darling only you are the life among the dead

all this time I can't believe I couldn't see
kept in the dark but you were there in front of me
I’ve been sleeping a thousand years it seems
got to open my eyes to everything
without a thought without a voice without a soul
don't let me die here
there must be something more
bring me to life

(Wake me up)
Wake me up inside
(I can’t wake up)
Wake me up inside
(Save me)
(Wake me up)
bid my blood to run
(I can’t wake up)
before I come undone
(Save me)

(Bring me to life)
I’ve been living a lie, there’s nothing inside
(Bring me to life)

(Risposta a Maeve)
Messaggio #: 3
Evanescence - 2003-08-28 0:27:53   
Cronos

Primo ingresso in Numenor: 2002-07-09
Da: Valimar
Hmmm mi hai incuriosito... farò qualche ricerchina su winMX a riguardo

Alla prossima...

(Risposta a Maeve)
Messaggio #: 4
Evanescence - 2003-09-18 13:50:28   
Arwen

Primo ingresso in Numenor: 2002-07-09
Da: Imladris
Aragorn ha il cd e lo stiamo ascoltando per la centesima volta proprio ora!
Bello, molto bello...anke se, a mio avviso, la matrice è simile in tutte le songs e la tonalità della voce di Amy Lee nn cambia mai.
Ci si può benissimo affezionare a tutte le canzoni, e imparare ad apprezzarne l'orecchiabilità. Già al terzo ascolto ricordavo la melodia di ognuna!
Preferisco altro, ma è decisamente un gruppo che può continuare!

(Risposta a Maeve)
Messaggio #: 5
Evanescence - 2003-09-18 14:50:22   
Maeve

In effetti è la prima sensazione che ho avuto io.. per alcune canzoni ti dici "ma questa non l'ho già sentita 10 minuti fa?"

ma credo solo che debbano crescere ancora un po'... secondo me hanno ottime potenzialità

(Risposta a Maeve)
Messaggio #: 6
Pagina:   [1]
Home >> [Mittalmar] >> Aula delle Arti di Arandor ~ Arte ~ >> Aula della Musica ~ Musica ~ >> Evanescence Pagina: [1]
Trasferimento rapido:

Nuovi Messaggi Nessun Nuovo Messaggio
Hot Topic con nuovi messaggi Hot Topic senza nuovi messaggi
Chiuso con Nuovi Messaggi Chiuso senza nuovi messaggi
 Inizia Thread
 Risposta
 Effettua Un Sondaggio
 Partecipa al Sondaggio
 Cancella propri messaggi
 Cancella propri threads
 Assegna voti ai messaggi

Ilquelin che utilizzano IE: Zoom 120% | Zoom 100%